Monday, March 23, 2015

The Church




How structured should the church be? I believe that the church should have lots of structure. Having no structure to a church wouldn't even be a church. No structure would make the church very unorganized. Church should require leadership, a pastor, and worship. Even though a church doesn't require a building necessarily, you can have church anywhere. My definition of church is: A group of people that gather together to worship God with a pastor that is guided by God’s Word. The definition of church has nothing to do with the “Building with the cross on it.” 11 When a woman is learning, she should be quiet. She should follow her leaders in every way. 12 I do not let women teach or take authority over a man. They must be quiet. Who should have authority in the church? Who should be in charge? I think a man should be the pastor or the head of the church. Verse 11-12 are saying that a female can’t be a pastor. Can a woman be a pastor or be part of that authoritative structure? I honestly don't think a woman should be the head of a church, but I think a woman can be a part of the authoritative structure but not as a pastor. I haven’t personally been to or have heard of a church with a female pastor but I know my church is the same on this subject. 

1 comment:

  1. Great insights on the structure of the church. I think you are one of the only bloggers who offered a significant answer to that question.

    ReplyDelete